Tuesday, June 28, 2016

30 Vintage Streetscapes of Estonia in the 1980's

Historic gate in Tartu
I am partially of Estonian ancestry and while I have never visited the country I know something more of its traditions and history than I would otherwise.

Recently I came across a tourist guide for Estonia published in French in the 1980's when Estonia was a part of the Soviet Union.

The guide is full of terrific photos of various Estonian locales as well as some basic information about Estonian culture and society.

Today, in keeping with one of the themes of the blog, we are sharing 30 of the guide's photos that are primarily streetscapes.

They are from several different Estonian cities/towns.

(Click on images to enlarge)

Tallinn the Capital & Area








My favourite photo of the collection











Tartu, Estonia's Second Largest City





Parnu, a Baltic Spa Town





Viljandi, a Southern Estonian Town





See also: 26 Incredibly Evocative Photos of 1956 Soviet Moscow

See also: 20 Vintage Toronto Streetscapes of Yonge St, Yorkville, Kensington Market & More! (Plus one bonus one of Oshawa).

No comments:

Post a Comment