Friday, July 8, 2016

Stop violence. It can end. It must end.


I detest violence,

The Rwandan children murdered by machetes

I detest violence

The Iraqi children slain by occupying armies, drones, ISIS

I detest violence

The screams of the mothers and children as they are dragged to the death pits and gas chambers by the invaders.

I detest violence

The agony and the bewilderment of the children who watch the rapes and brutality. The soul killing deliverance of death that has been dealt by the USA, Russia, Israel, Canada, France, England and every other country that thought it necessary to kill the innocent in the name of nations that will not even exist one day I promise you.

I detest violence.

The sick and sad act of taking another person's life. The shallow and awful inhumanity that flows from it.

I detest violence.

The violence of the American police state as a vicious jackboot that stomps on the faces of native people, black people, LGBT people, women and, always, in its consequences children.

Always children.

I detest violence.

I detest the pathetic reasoning for it, the justifications, the attempts to make the inexcusable excusable.

I detest violence.

There is no better future based on the sick crimes of the past. There is no way past oppression with a gun.

I detest violence.

And I detest it because there is always a rationale as the cop, soldier, revolutionary, death squad puts the bullet into the back of the head or obliterates the existence of couples at a wedding, children on a beach, men at a coffee house, women at a market, gay people anywhere, black lives for simply living.

I detest violence.

I detest the irrevocable finality of the wiping out of a human life. Of erasing all it ever was and ever could be. Of the futility of this erasure in a world of injustice.

Of the evil of every one of these extinctions.

I detest violence.

I long for the day when sisters and brothers can unite, hold hands and stand against the darkness that is violence and say with one voice

NO MORE.

Never again.

Never again will a human being lie and claim there was a excuse for all this savagery.

Never again will a child watch as their parents are killed.

Never again will a father scream out in  despair as his family dies when the bomb hits.

Never again will a mother watch her daughters raped and executed.

Never again.

Violence is the ultimate instrument of oppression.

Cry out against it.

It can end.

It must end.

No comments:

Post a Comment